Ready to embark on a 1031 journey but not sure where to start? You may even be wondering, “what is a 1031 exchange?” The professionals at Baker Retirement and Wealth Management, PC have helped clients do just that for decades, and their experience stands ready to serve you.

How Do I Identify 1031 Eligible Properties?

There are actually companies whose business it is to provide a “shopping list” of income producing properties that a client can choose from for a 1031 tax exchange. Some clients use them because they don’t want to be involved in the management of real estate. These clients would rather have their money in real estate instead of the stock market or some other entity. However, they do not want to be involved in the administration of the real estate. In such cases, working with a third party that specializes in identifying 1031 exchange properties can be quite effective.

How Can a CPA Help with This Process?

A CPA (Certified Public Accountant), such as Jeff Baker of Newburgh, Indiana, understands the 1031 exchange rules and can put you in contact with the right people. In many cases, you may need a real estate attorney, a qualified intermediary, and an entity to help identify properties. A CPA can serve as your coach, connecting you with the right people to successfully complete a 1031 exchange.

1031 Tax Exchange: Take the Next Step

If you are considering a like kind exchange, it’s time to call the experts at Baker Retirement and Wealth Management, P.C. We have been serving the greater Evansville area (Indiana, Kentucky, Illinois, Ohio, Tennessee, and beyond) with guidance regarding tax laws, family farm inheritance tax strategy, small business accounting, and more for nearly thirty years.

Call Baker Retirement and Wealth Management today at 1-866-244-3517.

Schedule a Free Consultation